On behalf of the Rotary Club of Springboro, we deeply appreciate your willingness to take the time to share your talent and expertise with local Rotary Clubs. Rotary International and local Clubs is an organization of business professionals and community volunteers committed to professional and ethical values, humanitarian service and the motto “Service Above Self.”
The following guidelines are provided to assist you with your presentation:
1. The purpose of a presentation at a Rotary club is generally informational, educational, or raising public awareness of activities, events, organizations, services, etc.
2. Presentations to Rotary Clubs should be approximately 15-20 minutes long with a little time for questions and answers.
3. Presentations must avoid overt sales. Making a “sales pitch” or directly soliciting sales or purchases is not in the spirit of Rotary.
4. Presentations should not promote a specific business or its services.
5. Presentations should be non-political and non-sectarian, unless you have been invited specifically for that purpose.
6. Nonprofit representatives should be aware that is not the appropriate time and place to request donations. Request for support and contributions should be made through the clubs charitable giving program. Check with the Club President for details.
7. Rotarians presenting on Rotary programs should not directly solicit financial support for any Rotary program without the advance approval of the Club President.
8. Pamphlets or brochures related to your program may be distributed on tables prior to the meeting. Please take any left-over materials with you at the end of the meeting.
9. Confirm in advance if you need special arrangements, i.e. podium, microphone, screen, projector, speakers, etc.